Altrum (including Altrum.com, altrumhonors.com, altrumreconnaissance.com and store.altrum.com may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data (“Other Information”) in a variety of ways:
- Customer Data. Customers or individuals granted access to a Workspace by a Customer (“Authorized Users”) routinely submit Customer Data to Altrum when using the Services.
- Other Information. Altrum also collects, generates and/or receives Other Information:
- Workspace Information. To conduct business with us, you or your Customer (e.g., your employer) supply Altrum with an email address, phone number, domain and/or similar account details. In addition, Customers that pay for services online provide Altrum (or its payment processors) with billing details such as credit card information, banking information and/or a billing address.
- Usage Information.
- Services Metadata. When an Authorized User interacts with the Services, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way Authorized Users work.
- Log data. As with most websites, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Device information. Altrum collects information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
- Location information. We receive information from you, your Customer and other third-parties that helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use a business address submitted by your employer, or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate location. Altrum may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
- Third Party Services. Customer can choose to permit or restrict Third Party Services. Typically, Third Party Services are software that integrate with our Services, and Customer can permit its Authorized Users to enable and disable these integrations. Once enabled, the provider of a Third Party Service may share certain information with Altrum. For example, if a cloud storage application is enabled to permit files to be imported, we may receive user name and email address of Authorized Users, along with additional information that the application has elected to make available to Altrum to facilitate the integration. Authorized Users should check the privacy settings and notices in these Third Party Services to understand what data may be disclosed to Altrum. When a Third Party Service is enabled, Altrum is authorized to connect and access Other Information made available to Altrum in accordance with our agreement with the Third Party Provider. We do not, however, receive or store passwords for any of these Third Party Services when connecting them to the Services.
- Third Party Data. Altrum may receive data about organizations, industries, Website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from parent corporation(s), affiliates and subsidiaries, our partners or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to zip codes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
- Additional Information Provided to Altrum. We receive Other Information when submitted to our Websites or if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with Altrum.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Data or Other Information (collectively, “Information”). However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information, such as contact details, is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Services.
How We Use Information
Customer Data will be used by Altrum in accordance with Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law.
Altrum uses Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites and business. More specifically, Altrum uses Other Information:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites and business. This includes use of Other Information to support delivery of the Services under a Customer Agreement, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities or at an Authorized User’s request.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Other Information to respond.
- To develop and provide search, learning and productivity tools and additional features. Slack tries to make the Services as useful as possible for specific Workspaces and Authorized Users. For example, we may improve search functionality by using Other Information to help determine and rank the relevance of content, channels or expertise to an Authorized User, make Services suggestions based on historical use and predictive models, identify organizational trends and insights, to customize a Services experience or create new productivity features and products.
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new products, promotional communications or other news about Altrum. These are marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters. Altrum may need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
How We Share And Disclose Information
This section describes how Altrum may share and disclose Information. Customers determine their own policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of Information, and Altrum does not control how they or any other third parties choose to share or disclose Information.
- Customer’s Instructions. Altrum will solely share and disclose Customer Data in accordance with a Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
- Customer Access. Owners, administrators, Authorized Users and other Customer representatives and personnel may be able to access, modify or restrict access to Other Information. This may include, for example, your employer requesting logs of activity, or accessing or modifying your profile details when applicable.
- Third Party Service Providers and Partners. We may engage third party companies or individuals as service providers or business partners to process Other Information and support our business. These third parties may, for example, provide virtual computing and storage services.
- Third Party Services. Customer may enable or permit Authorized Users to enable Third Party Services. When enabled, Altrum may share Other Information with Third Party Services. Third Party Services are not owned or controlled by Altrum and third parties that have been granted access to Other Information may have their own policies and practices for its collection and use.
- Corporate Affiliates. Altrum may share Other Information with its corporate affiliates, parents and/or subsidiaries.
- During a Change to Altrum’s Business. If Altrum engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Altrum’s assets, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence), some or all Other Information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
- Aggregated or De-identified Data. We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified Other Information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified Other Information with prospects or partners for business or research purposes, such as telling a prospective Altrum customer the average amount of time spent creating a deal toy.
- To Comply with Laws. If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Other Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Altrum or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- With Consent. Altrum may share Other Information with third parties when we have consent to do so.
Altrum takes security of data very seriously. Altrum works hard to protect Other Information you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Other Information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, Altrum cannot guarantee that Information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
International Data Transfers
Altrum may transfer your Personal Data to countries other than the one in which you live. Any data that we know to be originating from, or being moved to the EU, Switzerland or Canada will be treated in line with the country’s data policy.
Data Protection Officer
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Identifying The Data Controller And Processor
Data protection law in certain jurisdictions differentiates between the “controller” and “processor” of information. In general, Customer is the controller of Customer Data. In general, Altrum is the processor of Customer Data and the controller of Other Information. Different Altrum entities provide the Services in different parts of the world. Altrum, a Canadian company based in Quebec, is the controller of Other Information and a processor of Customer Data relating to Authorized Users who use our services.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information. You can do this using the settings and tools provided in your account, in any email notifications, or by contacting any member of the Sales/Marketing/Customer Service team.
To the extent that Altrum’s processing of your Personal Data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, Altrum relies on its legitimate interests, described above, to process your data. Altrum may also process Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes and you have a right to object to Altrum’s use of your Personal Data for this purpose at any time.
Data Protection Authority
Subject to applicable law, you also have the right to (i) restrict Altrum’s use of Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data and (ii) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
38 Avenue du Pont
Canada, G0M 1B0
150 Minories, G12